After dropping out of Medical School at 26 with just three semesters left; Steve Baines went on to become a Nationally Acclaimed Multi-Award Winning Entrepreneur, and a Franchisor of one the fastest growing companies in Canada. He also served as a Board Director & Committee Chair for three National Associations – all by the time he was 32.
His work has been featured in several publications including the best selling book 'The Education of Millionaires – It’s Not Too late and It’s Not What You Think' and the MBA textbook 'Canadian Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management'.
At 32, Steve joined a renowned International Consulting Firm with clients in 14 countries and spent four years working with businesses in virtually every industry and market segment implementing strategies, creating systems, streamlining operations and developing leaders and managers. He has led seminars on branding, franchising, marketing, and sales for over 3,500 business owners and executives all over the world.
Today Steve Baines wears many hats:
He is an Independent Business Development Expert who helps create more structured, profitable and self-reliant companies that are able to grow & expand quickly.
He is an Entrepreneur Coach who guides disruptive innovators through the many ups and downs and the various twists and turns of fast growth.
He is a Professional Speaker who utilizes his own eventful career and life experiences of tragedy and triumph to inspire others to succeed and thrive in the face of any obstacle.
- Chamber of Commerce Top 40 under 40 Award (2015)
- Alberta Venture Fast Growth 50 Award (2010)
- Business Development Bank of Canada Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (2009)
- Chamber of Commerce Change & Innovation Award (2009)
- Alberta Premier's Award of Distinction for Young Entrepreneurs (2009)
- Canadian Home Builders Association Rookie of the Year Award (2008)
- increased revenues 2,000% over 3 years as Founder & CEO of the 4th fastest growing company in Alberta,
- created an award winning franchise, setting up 29 locations in 18 months coast to coast across Canada,
- increased revenues 6,400% over 5 years earning a Top 5 spot in the fastest growing companies in Canada;
- two terms as National Director for Built Green Canada, chairing their Technical Standards Committee & Marketing Committee, and serving as a member of their Special Working Group & Program Modification Group,
- two terms as National Director for the Canadian Urethane Foam Contractors Association, chairing their Technical Standards Committee, and serving as a member of their Certification Scheme Committee,
- Vice President of CHBA Lethbridge, chairing the Green Building Committee for Alberta, and their Environmentally Sustainable Building Committee;
- The Education of Millionaires - It's Not Too Late and It's Not What You Think
- The Financial Post
- The Canadian Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management Textbook
- Alberta Venture Magazine
- Maclean's Magazine